Plastic fabricatorThis position involves welding, drilling, cutting, forming, and shaping plastic to fabricate and assemble plastic process equipment. In addition to custom fabricating new equipment, power tools, hand tools and precision equipment are used to rework and repair plastic process equipment. Reading work orders and interpreting blueprints is required in order to plan and carry out the design specifications.
Plastic Fabricator/Trainee Requirements:
• Enthusiastic and able to work independently in a job shop environment
• Effective communicator; good listener
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and fabricate from designs provided
• Piping experience and carpentry skills required
• Manufacturing experience preferred
• Familiar with basic hand and power tools
• Heavy lifting required - must be able to lift 75 lbs.
• Aerial work involving ladders and manlifts is required
• Valid NYS driver's license required
• Must be flexible to work OT & travel
• DOT physical may be required
• Must pass drug test
• High school education required
• Must pass basic shop math test at time of application